About Pavo Horse Grass Seed
Many paddocks and pastures are sown with grass seed mixtures intended for cattle. These types of grass are not suitable for horses, which need more fibre and less protein. Pastures and paddocks require strong types of grass capable of withstanding trampling and that are resistant to the way in which horses graze. Horses crop grass much shorter than cows. Pavo GrassSeed produces a dense sward and contains healthy herbs with a high fibre content, making it ideal for horse pastures and paddocks.
- Low fructan index
- Resistant to close cropping due low growing point
- Very dense sward, giving increased resistance to horses’ hooves
- High resistance to crown rust, so the grass always tastes good to your horse
- Contains specially selected herbs: including narrow-leaved plantain, fenugreek, wild carrot and parsley
Available in 15kg bags.
Needed per hectare:
- Initial seeding: 45-60 kg / hectare (April - October)
- Re-seeding: 30 kg / hectare (February - March / Middel of August - Middle of October)
The expiry date of Pavo Grass Seed is 24 months after the production date. You can find the production date on the bag. After this period, you can still use Pavo GrassSeed but from this moment on the germination rate of the seeds will start to decrease.
Frequently asked questions
PAVO producten can be safetly used when you compete at FEI sanctioned competitions. For detailed information check our pages regarding product quality.
Due to different national doping requirements, please be aware of specific regulations regarding your home country.