About Pavo FoalMilk
Pavo FoalMilk is an excellent replacement for mare’s milk, for orphan foals or foals whose mothers are not producing enough milk. Mare’s milk has a special composition with a high sugar content. Cow’s milk is very different from mare’s milk, which makes it less suitable for foals. Pavo FoalMilk is geared to the specific composition of mare’s milk and thus provides for the needs of orphan foals. Foals reared on Pavo FoalMilk develop normally and are a match for foals that are fed by mares.
- Complete mare’s milk replacement
- Specially formulated for horses
- Easy to use
Download here the manual of Pavo FoalMilk. Do not prepare more foal milk than is required for a 12 hour period.
- We recommend re-heating the pre-prepared foal milk or keeping it warm "au bain marie".
- (The "au bain marie" method is heating above warm water. Take a large pan or bowl with a minimum content of 1 liter and place this in or above a larger pan with hot water. The "au bain marie" method prevents curdling or scorching of the milk).
- The foal milk can also be re-heated in a microwave.
Preperation (1 litre = 1000ml):
- Take a pan with a minimum capacity of 1 litre
- Put 300ml cold water in the pan
- Top this with 400ml boiling water. This gives you 700 ml of water with a temperature of ± 60°C.
- Add 1 (small) scoop (= 100 gram) Pavo Foalmilk poweder and stir until copletely dissolved.
- Add 300 ml cold water, stirring constantly. This gives you 1 litre of luke warm foalmilk (temperature around ± 40°C)
Pavo FoalMilk has a shelf life of 1 year.
Frequently asked questions
All horse feeds should be stored in a cool, dry and dark place. Close the bag after each use.
PAVO producten can be safetly used when you compete at FEI sanctioned competitions. For detailed information check our pages regarding product quality.
Due to different national doping requirements, please be aware of specific regulations regarding your home country.